Surgery Update

Anything Goes, but Keep It Clean

Moderator: sigmaman

Joe

Re: Surgery Update

Post by Joe »

Thsnks everyone. I WAY under estimated the pain lebels i would have after surgery. A lot of time in bed and trying to spread the pain pills out to get longer relief. I can only sit at my pc chair for 10-15mins MAX. So with that, im going to bed lol. I can still get on here only its with my phone asnd tablet.

They need illustrator for androids!
Joe
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints

clavender

Post by clavender »

:) iv learned over the past few months on these forms and out in the real world bubba930, that life is only limited by ones mind i use to thank you could meet people around you and on here you meet new people everyday that are from EVERYWHERE!!!! Amasing people too

bubba930

Post by bubba930 »

Well here it is Thursday the 12 of december, I know that your pain is still with you, but it will soon leave, and you'll be your old self once again, yes it is easy for me to say, but with all of our Prayers, you'll be a better man then you were before the operation!
Time heals everything Joe, I know at times it feels like were being punishied for no reason at all, that could be true to a certain degree, but we learn a lot from our pain, it makes us better people, and it gives us a sence of worth!
So my Friend keep smiling for the betterdays are just around the corner, remember there are those that aren't as lucky as us, we have our Care Givers, our love ones, there are people that don't have nothing, Joe you also have all of us here on the Forum.
Your Friend Mike aka bubba930

Joe

Post by Joe »

11 Days post op now and I must say day 10 was horrible. Todays not as bad, one of the better ones so far. I can post some inscision pics if anyone wants grossed out lol. I can finally put my own socks on again!!! I know that doesnt sound like much but trust me its a major sense of accomplishment. Still using the walker some when Im not feeling real stable. Still no driving for anywhere from a few more days to a week.

Seeing the surgeon again sometime soon so I/we can get these questions answered we have. I REALLLLLLLY want to see new xrays & MRI's!

Now back tom my regularly scheduled napping.

**********To anyone who has messaged me, emailed me, text me or anything and I havent responded I am trying to get caught up on some of those messagesas i can!
Joe

bubba930

Post by bubba930 »

I'm so happy for you Joe, you've been through this enough times to know what it's like for vour recovery time, Slow and Easy take one step at a time, and listen to your Body and your Care Giver Alicia, I know that she's in the same pain as you are, maybe even more beause of worrying over you!
God Bless Joe, were all this here for you, and all of our Prayers as well for you two Great People!
bubba930

take your time don't try and rush it !!!

Joe

Post by Joe »

Quick update-

Sitting in my desk chair SUCKS. Crazy uncomfortable and painful after just a few minutes. A lot of my Facebook posts etc come from my phone or tablet from the couch or bed. This is just such a downer cuz it hurts decal creating. Even with my back brace on it isnt hardly better.

Had a LONG day just Alicia and I yesterday where we got to go out to a nice lunch then do some shopping etc. Had a GREAT time but man did I pay for it last night and most of today.

The 24th cant come fast enough so I can see Doc again. I have a laundry list of questions.
I've also came to some harsh realities about my future as far as lfting limits and physical activities. Oh, Im ALMOST allowed to drive again! A few less pain pills and I can get behind the wheel. My poor truck hasnt been driving but like 3 times since the surgery lol.

Enough babbling for now. Hope everyone has a great new years!
Joe

Bear

Post by Bear »

And you Joe, and you.
GO HARD OR GO HOME!

smoke fan

Post by smoke fan »

Have a Great New Years Joe! and a speedy recovery, all the health and wealth you can get for the New Years
Grant

Joe

Post by Joe »

3-1/2 Weeks out now and I actually got to drive my truck again! Twice even! Still some good and bad days. Yesterday was pretty good, todays been kinda painful. Could just be the weather since it was 6 degrees this morning! Feels good to be getting some decal work done again, Im just limiting my time to 20-30 minute sessions so I dont hurt as much.
Might even try and get a buddy to come over to help me work in the Man Cave so maybe I can get some modeling done! Enough rambling. Thanks again guys for all the support.
Joe

bubba930

Post by bubba930 »

I'm so happy for you Joe, your doing the right thing, takeing it easy, and going slow!!
When it's this cold out every bone in my body hurts, I have a throw blanket around my legs just to watch TV.
Best of Luck in your Recovery Joe!!