South Africa Champion Johan Roos

Got A Project Going? Post it Here

Moderator: sigmaman

Old Sprinter

South Africa Champion Johan Roos

Post by Old Sprinter »

I'm building a model of the car owned and driven by Johan Roos in South Africa. He was the champion there and has since past away a few months ago. This car is for his best friend. It's a 06 Maxim with a 410. He raced on pavement with this winged car on a 1/4 mile flat track. I didn't know, until his friend contacted me, that this type of racing was still big over there. Like Australia, their season is going on right now, during our winter.ImageImageImage

smoke fan

Re: South Africa Champion Johan Roos

Post by smoke fan »

Should be another Awesome build! I'm sure his friend will love it!
Grant

Bruce22

Post by Bruce22 »

I'm friends with Johan's son, Jacques on Facebook. He is one hell of a driver... Can't wait to see the build.
You must be fast. Cos you were haulin' ass when I passed you...

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Nice start on the chassis , would love to see some of that racing in SA ..

Old Sprinter

Post by Old Sprinter »

Bruce22 wrote:I'm friends with Johan's son, Jacques on Facebook. He is one hell of a driver... Can't wait to see the build.
Wow, that's amazing. I believe Jacques is driving this car, this season? I'm putting everything I have into this build to make it the best possible to celebrate this great driver. Kind of a cool car, sort of like the Extreme Sprint Car stuff on TV. I have some video of him hot lapping and smoking the right rear on every turn. Clearly faster and smoother than anyone out there.

Bruce22

Post by Bruce22 »

Yeah. I think Jacques is driving this car this season. Between himself and his dad, they had 4 sprints and 2 rotary powered midgets too...

That video clip of Jacques is when he was laying down some rubber for the following weekend's race meeting on a green circuit... I think it was his for his dad's memorial race... He is quick. No doubt about that...
You must be fast. Cos you were haulin' ass when I passed you...

lou s

Post by lou s »

I LOVE YOUR BUILDS AND THATS A GOOD LOOKING CAR.BUT SEEING A SPRINT CAR ON PAVEMENT MAKES MY EYES BLEED.LOL

Joe

Post by Joe »

lou s wrote:I LOVE YOUR BUILDS AND THATS A GOOD LOOKING CAR.BUT SEEING A SPRINT CAR ON PAVEMENT MAKES MY EYES BLEED.LOL
Lou, I can feel your pain a little but I have to say I've seen some great winged sprint car asphalt racing. Especially the 1/4-3/8 mile tracks. Seeing those guys go from green to checker caution free is just cool as hell. And Im kinda partial cause my aunt and uncle own one that my cousin races on a limited schedule.

Oh, and your build looks ok to i guess. LMAO JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the big stuff! We need to get together and do a Darland car!
Joe
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints

Old Sprinter

Post by Old Sprinter »

Interesting stuff. Thanks. Joe, you're right, about doing a Dave Darling car, that would be great. Here's where she sits today.ImageImageImageImage

Old Sprinter

Post by Old Sprinter »

More work in progress Image