Decals needed, anybody already made em?

Talk About Building Sprint Car Models Here

Moderator: sigmaman

darnall

Decals needed, anybody already made em?

Post by darnall »

I am approaching the point that I have all the parts I need to do my 1st build, the Shane Carson ViseGrip car form the late 70s, including a great version of a Trostle hood and some perfect decals from GWStexas....(thanks man, great work)

So I am now planning ahead for a couple of my near future builds, and wondering if there are already decals out there to complete them......

The Rocket, JESSE HOCKETT...... he's the most local sprint car hero I ever had, and is truly a hero to me even though he was at least 10 years younger than me....the epitome of a racer, over 100 sprintcar feature wins by age 27 in every type of car, on any type of soil, from East coast to West Coast, north south and all points in between...even down under...I always got my moneys worth when his hauler was in the pits.....nearly 2 years later and I still really really miss that boy..

So has anybody already got any of his decals made? I plan to do the VKCC #75...probably as it looked the year he packed up and went to Indy to do his first full USAC season, but would consider any version of the car if they are already out there...

I am still undecided on which other car I want to do...the yellow #13 or his family owned #77 or the red white and blue VKCC car that he drove when he came outta nowhere and won the $10,000 Ron Shuman Classic at Lakeside, or even the Orange #2 he drove in Arizona, or the Black #2 he won in at Calistoga...

So basically, what, if any, Jesse Hockett decals have already been done and are available...

Novamodeler3

Re: Decals needed, anybody already made em?

Post by Novamodeler3 »

The 2 car was a Massey owned car. Charles Davis Jr drives for him now, with the 50 car... I can scrounge up some pics of Davis' car and get em to Joe if he's on board?

Any thoughts Joe?

-Justin
Your first source for 1/25 scale Sprint Car Chassis and Bodies
http://www.southwestscalechassis.com
http://www.facebook.com/SouthwestScaleChassis
http://www.twitter.com/SWScaleChassis
Instagram- @sprintbuilder

Joe

Post by Joe »

The yellow and blue 13 I did a year or 2 ago. I have pics to do the 75 VKCC car and I have just a few pics of the Massey 2 he ran at Sprint Week back in 06 or 07.
Joe
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints

darnall

Post by darnall »

Thanks guys.....as far as pics I can find anything needed for whomever wants to take on the project for me....the VKCC car and the yellow #13 would be a good mix, especially since the yellow car set already exists..