Rocket chassis late model

Moderator: sigmaman

Robbie27

Rocket chassis late model

Post by Robbie27 »

I thought that I don't really have enough cars to work on atm I would do this one as well for somebody that asked me to build them a late model, using Michaels excellent plans I have started two of these chassis ;)

microracer9

Re: Rocket chassis late model

Post by microracer9 »

i tried to follow those plans, and nope, not a shot i could do...well....^^^^that haha

Nice Job!

Robbie27

Post by Robbie27 »

microracer9 wrote:i tried to follow those plans, and nope, not a shot i could do...well....^^^^that haha

Nice Job!
The plans are very detailed and it did take me some studying to get my head around them :)

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

:shock: I wish i had half your talent Robbie . Awesome start on that chassis .

Hursty

Post by Hursty »

Brilliant work! geniunely Brilliant!

Robbie27

Post by Robbie27 »

Thanks guys for the nice comments, I can't take all the credit for this one though as without Michaels dirt late model plans and awesome photo etched parts I don't think I would have been able to do this project ;)

microracer9

Post by microracer9 »

Robbie27 wrote:
microracer9 wrote:i tried to follow those plans, and nope, not a shot i could do...well....^^^^that haha

Nice Job!
The plans are very detailed and it did take me some studying to get my head around them :)

Your right. I reread them, and actually they made sense this time. I think last time I was a little confused on how it worked...now I see it shows you diagrams with parts list, and then the parts (material) list is in the back of that "section" with measurements and etc.

I know there are angle measures but how about length measures?

Also, if Micheal would care to share, I would love to know how is soldering jigs work? Like what are the square pieces?

Robbie27

Post by Robbie27 »

Most of the separate parts if not all of them have the measurements on them buddy, if you print the plans out with no changes they stay true to scale, If you're looking at Michaels jigs he uses angle pieces of alloy and those square blocks are magnets he uses to hold everything in place on a steel sheet under the paper ;)

Robbie27

Post by Robbie27 »

I have here the progress pic on the Rocket dirt late model chassis built from Michaels plans and photo etched parts, it's coming along nicely and should be done in the next couple of weeks ;)

s29 sprintcar fan

Post by s29 sprintcar fan »

awsome work mate, would love to try a sprintcar chassis from brass, have no idea about solder is there any places on the net that helps teach you or is it all trial and error