T-WRX

Moderator: sigmaman

Dirt Devil

T-WRX

Post by Dirt Devil »

I thought I would build something different given all the other modifieds I have built were american cars so I thought it was time for a change.

I started with the standard chassis and went from there,
I made some body panels
I used gauges, steering wheel and ignition box from The Parts Box to create a new dash and drivers cockpit.
I made a new inner deck with a lowered section that would make it easier to enter and exit the vehicle and I drilled a hole in it to put a fuel filler pipe from the rear window down to the fuel tank.
I made some new side crash bars, I used the kit headers then made a new exhaust from a drink straw, added some extra bracing for the cockpit, sanded the detail off the valve covers and added a Pro Tech Magneto.
Added some mesh to the chassis to protect the radiator and driver.
I used some sprintcar wheels and tyres from the parts box then I modified the wheel backs to get them so sit closer to the chassis and I also made some wheel covers.
Now for the exciting bit, it started as the Revell Subaru Impreza tuner kit and after some work I modified the body to what I wanted, after I removed the front of the car from the doors forward I had to make a new firewall with mounts for the hood, I removed the B pillar, shaved off the door handles, badges and lights, then I filled and sanded most of the body lines, widened the rear wheel arches, shortened the aero panels at the bottom of the doors and I made some body panel supports and a panel to go across the front window and I used a Big Donkey Resins hood. I also enlisted the help of a friend to help with the Impreza rally decals the rest I got from my decal stash.
Image Real men still play in the dirt.