modern style modified

Moderator: sigmaman

clavender

modern style modified

Post by clavender »

Is there anyone out there that makes a newer style modified chassis like the hofman chassis

Joe

Re: modern style modified

Post by Joe »

DIRT modified ( east coast) type or like UMP/IMCA type?
Joe
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints

clavender

Post by clavender »

Ether !!! Oh joe i need a few sets of decals from you ...

kellerbros64

Post by kellerbros64 »

If you are looking for a Hoffman style modified you want the NE DIRT style. I don't know of anyone currently producing any but have some friends that build on hell of a nice scratch built one!

clavender

Post by clavender »

kellerbros64 wrote:If you are looking for a Hoffman style modified you want the NE DIRT style. I don't know of anyone currently producing any but have some friends that build on hell of a nice scratch built one!

can you point me in that direction???? please lol im going bald lookin for one !!!

kellerbros64

Post by kellerbros64 »

Here is one that one of my buddies just recently did. Now we build model modifieds and race them down ramps and driveways for fun, like pinewood derby but no lanes to keep them apart. Hence this one he already has the brass tubing in for the axles but I'll ask if he would be interested in building a bare chassis so you can do what you want. All our cars are built from 1/16 inch plastic coated wire so they are really sturdy. Let me ask him and see what I can do. I also build my frames but I think his are far nicer.
Attachments
402981_4410010539357_456293958_n.jpg
402981_4410010539357_456293958_n.jpg (46.03 KiB) Viewed 17347 times

dirtracer52

Post by dirtracer52 »

I am currently working in the final stages of offering a complete imca style modified chassis. I will be offering an over rail and under rail design 4 bar chassis. I have the prototype chassis finished and am currently making all of the suspension pieces to offer a complete "roller". My current timeline is to have the chassis availabe by the end of May. Of course...that is a "goal", it is dependant upon all of the parts working as I anticipate.

You can see a picture of the prototype chassis on the homepage picture video at http://www.customdirtcars.com

Also, I have just started a Facebook page so come and like us at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Custom-Dirtcars/

In the case of the NE Modified, it is in the early design phase as well and I have someone who pits for modified driver that has offered to assist me in getting the accuracy correct.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Dwight

clavender

Post by clavender »

hey Dwight I have most of the suspension from dirt modeler just lookin for chassis and not trying to rush you or anyone but I kinda need one asap ...

dirtracer52

Post by dirtracer52 »

Are you using his 4 bar brackets for the rear? What are you planning for the front suspension?

Dwight

clavender

Post by clavender »

im usin most of Michael's parts yes.. and for the front end im going to have Jim from micro nitro fab me a hub/spindle ... if you want you can text me @ 5737760458