Sprint Graphix - Closing the doors

The place to discuss/check out everything decal related from ScaleSprints.com!

Moderator: sigmaman

Joe

Sprint Graphix - Closing the doors

Post by Joe »

Well, we can't look back and say we didn't totally flip the Sprint Car Modeling world on its ear. 6+ Years and over 100, yes count'em, over 100 Sprint Car decal sheets it's time to call it quits. Can I sit here an tell you that we won't reopen under a different name some where down the line? No, because I can't see the future. What I can tell you is that I am proud of what we've done and it has been an AMAZING journey! How many people can say the stood next to Clay Kemp and Lou Scroggins in Indianapolis at a model show? How many can say they are known "world wide" (I like to brag that I'm known on 2 Continents and 3 Countries. LOL) Anyway, from the HUNDREDS of emails, the phone conversation's, meeting people at shows and opening Scale Auto and seeing an AWESOME Sprint Car build that has my decals on it...... I have to thank you guys. All of you who have traveled through the 3-4 different message boards and the two web addresses.......THANK YOU. To everyone who has built a model Sprint Car using our decals, even those of you, who like me, are more of a decal "collector" than a true builder, I appreciate and am grateful to you guys for the support. ScaleSprints.com will remain open until, well......I dunno when. But there is no plan of shutting the website down anytime soon.

I guess I cant use the excuse of making decals for not working on my Darland collection any more. Should we have a moment of silence? JUST KIDDING! Here's to the future.....who knows what will happen next.....

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

Joe @ www.ScaleSprints.com
Joe
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints

Hursty

Re: Sprint Graphix - Closing the doors

Post by Hursty »

Very, Very, Very SAD day indeed.
Thanks Joe for all your efforts, you inspired me to make decals and I sincerely appreciate that. What I said in my PM remains true.
The Sprintcar modelling community will not be the same without your great work.

Kindest regards,

Hursty HQR

s29 sprintcar fan

Post by s29 sprintcar fan »

very sad indeed i have only been into sprintcars for a short period and only purchased one set of decals from sprint graphix and always wanted to get some more as time went by, perhaps the future may brighten up, regards s29 sprintcar fan :(

smoke fan

Post by smoke fan »

Thanks for all the work you have done to fill a huge hole in the Sprint car Modeling realm! Your work will be missed, but atleast we can still all keep in touch on the Forum.
Thanks for everything,
Grant

mrnascar

Post by mrnascar »

A bit of a long posting, but you guys have been great supporters of this little enterprise and should be fully up to speed. Just to set the record straight - Joe himself did not initiate this closing; I've kind of forced it on him by deciding to basically close down the printing operations (SPRINT and BULLRING Graphix).

The reasons for this are primarily associated with my problems in maintaining a viable operation on the scale necessary to meet the demand. For example, my main printer died a few weeks ago, and I had to go to my rather shaky back-up unit. I purchased a replacement (used, they haven't made these printers in years) thru the ALPS printing forum, only to find upon its arrival that it was totally nonfunctional. I'm out over 500.00, and the seller says it must have been "damaged in shipping"... I cannot afford that kind of crapshoot, so I'm cutting back to keep my unit alive for my personal use.

Another factor - maybe a bit selfish: while waiting for over 6 weeks for a shipment of printing materials to arrive, I was able to actually work on a model guilt-free - no pressure to fill orders as I had no print stock - and found I was really enjoying it. The light came on that I was letting my hobby become a job! I retired to get away from that...
(stock arrived Wednesday - not the supplier's fault - it seems to have languished in CDN Customs)

Factor in also that we are looking to downsize our home in the next year or so, so I'll need to spend time sprucing up the old homestead to make it easier to sell - 25+ years of benign neglect to deal with....

I have had a great working relationship with Joe over the past years, and he has helped me appreciate sprint car racing as being a much more professional motorsport than I had realized.

And to echo Joe - who knows what the futue holds?

mike_w

Post by mike_w »

I would hate to see a great body of artwork go into obscurity and become a footnote in history. :(

Hopefully a way can be found to keep these alive. There are many more cars that I and others would love to build.

Hurricane29

Post by Hurricane29 »

Wow and I was about to order some stuff. Well good luck Joe and Les I know I have been inspired to make decals and try to match the quality that you all have done. Thanks for all your hard work.

microracer9

Post by microracer9 »

i know this is old...but if Sprint Graphix is closed...what do we do about current cars we are working on?

kapam

Post by kapam »

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to say how much I've appreciated Sprintgraphix being available over the past few years.
It has really been a lifeline to my continuing interest in sprint car models!
Too bad the operation had to close, but I really enjoyed the ride! :)

Joe

Post by Joe »

microracer9 wrote:i know this is old...but if Sprint Graphix is closed...what do we do about current cars we are working on?
Got a couple irons in the fire. The main one is getting my decals back out on the market. Not real sure how I'm going to handle any new sheetsive started/got done, but all the winged stuff from Sprint Graphix should be available soon. (fingers crossed)
Joe
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints