I really only have experience with the 1/18 R&R midgets, so I'll start. Guys feel free to add on whatever your like.
Tools for Dissasembly:
1. A couple small Phillips screwdrivers
2. A small Standard Flat screwdriver
3. An Exacto Knife
4. Some sort of glue debonder i.e. Z-7, 100% Acetone, Goo Gone or Goof Off
5. Paint Stripper --- PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE AND HANDLE PAINT STRIPPER!!!!!! Rubber gloves, eye protection, and an EXTREMELY well ventilated area are a MUST.
6. Wire Brushes, a big and a small.
Wheels & Tires are just pressed on.
The sail panels right behind the driver are plastic, you'll need to remove them before using the stripper because it will eat them. (Yes I learned this from experience LOL)
Keep a small container with a lid handy for all the small screws and parts etc.
there is a screw behind the right arm guard you have to remove to seperate the right frame side from the seat and engine.
Use a metal etching primer on the metal. You probably dont HAVE TO, but I prefer it. At least use a good automotive grade primer.
Pics and more info to come.
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints