Photoshop Help

Post your Reference Pictures HERE.

Moderator: sigmaman

microracer9

Photoshop Help

Post by microracer9 »

I have photoshop and I am using it to scale chassis templates. However, when I print them, they are too big. anyone know how to print from photoshop to the exact scale of the document?

Hursty

Re: Photoshop Help

Post by Hursty »

Use Illustrator, works heaps better.... if not Corel draw. Not photoshop.....

Hursty

Joe

Post by Joe »

I have to agree with hurty, but if all you have is PS, make sure your image size is correct and you dpi is correct. most of the time 72dpi is used and I know that if its higher than that it messes with overall picture size. Hope thats somewhat of a help.
Joe
Making your Sprint Car model dreams come true since 2004!
Facebook- ScaleSprints.com Twitter- @ScaleSprints

todd myers

Post by todd myers »

I would try to go to the print (under file) and change what the paper size is cuz with photo shop when u print from it, Photo shop picks the paper size it thinks u want but if u change that b4 u print that could help or u may need to work on the size of paper when u start. u can always change the way ur printer prints u just got to no how.

Hope i was helpful, and good luck with ur Photo shop.

Todd

message me if u need help and ill do my best to help.

bja5150

Post by bja5150 »

Joe is right..image size is a critical starting point and the DPI of the quality is the other key factor. The working psd file's setting for high quality prints should be 300dpi (or highter but 300 is a standard for high quality prints). After you add any outside artwork (making sure those sizes are also at the same dpi) and touched up the way you want you should be good from there. One thing I have learned from my graphic work is that the computer part is an art and getting it to paper is another. If you follow the steps of setting up a new file, created the size you want like the standard 8.5 x11, the items in your print are to scale like you want say a 4x6 photo for example should be measured 4x6, the dpi is 300 for hq, and then things should work fine. In a print preview, it should be exactly what you have set up. There almost sounds like there could be a scale to fit preset or something too. Check that print preview to make sure it will print exactly the way you want. Hope that helps

Brent

ps One scale trick I used to use for my parts was that I would scan them in and add the decals for example to make sure the sizing was right. The scanned image records the correct size and I would go from there. That was in my "photoshop" graphics days before Joe made me see the Illustrator way. Glad I finally got a chance to look more into that program...

vern

Post by vern »

like joe said size matters the one thing that i did was to get the 1:1 scale size and use a scae calulator to convert it use the rulers in photoshop to size it then print
you aint been racin less you got mud in your beer